Basketball registration is now Open
Basketball signups will be held Saturday November 8th and 15th from 11:00-1:00 at the Soddy Daisy Middle School
1. Basketball age groups 15-u, 12-u and 10-u. League age is age of participant on May 1st 2015.
2. Approximate evaluation dates. 10-u last week of November, 12-u 1st week of December, 15-u 2nd week of December.
3. Drafts will be held and practices start immediately after evaluations.
4. Practices are held on weeknights and Saturdays in December. Games start in January and are on Friday nights and Saturdays with practices on weeknights. The season concludes with an end of season tournament which will be over around March 1st.
5. Please e-mail or call (593-1986) Jeff Jenkins with questions.
6. Registration fee is $65.00 which covers game jersey, insurance, trophy, and gym fees.
As of January 1 2014 the State of Tennessee passed a new law pertaining to youth sports and concussions. The Soddy Daisy Kids Club has for 2 years required coaches in the sport of football to complete the CDC concussion training and pass the test. We have made a great effort to train our coaches and raise awareness on concussions. Now the state is requiring EVERY coach in all youth sports to complete this same training. Also each coach will be required to sign a form about concussions that states they understand the signs of a concussion and expectations if a child MAY have a possible injury. The childs parents or guardian also must review and sign a form with the signs and symptoms of a concussion and the expectation if a child is injured. As a coach or an assistant coach you must complete these requirements before you will be permitted to coach in your respective sports (practice or games). The parents must complete the form before the child will be allowed to practice. In the event a child is removed from games or practice due to a head injury. He or she will not be allowed to return to practice or games until a signed release from a doctor is obtained. As the President of the Kids Club it is my responsibility to see that this state law is followed, but first and foremost it's all our responsibility to protect our children. Coaches should begin with the link below and obtain the training. You will be asked for your name for the certificate after you pass the training. You should print that certificate and bring it to the director of the sport you are playing. The director will have copies of the forms for the parents and the coaches. NO SPORTS ARE EXEMPT FROM THIS NEW LAW! Please help us make this a painless as possible while we comply with the state. Thanks
To complete the concussion training course click on the link below